Thursday March 29, 2012 - 2:58 AM

Wow. I just finished that Costello book, the one called “Captain Quad” -- I read the whole thing in just two sittings. It was incredible. Blew me away. I couldn’t put it down when I started reading it before going to bed.

And now it’s almost 3 in the morning, and I haven’t slept.

But I don’t care.

I’m high with having enjoyed this book so much.

Ever since finishing the book, I've been sitting up, reading through some of my previous posts and reading through the many comments people have made for the past few months.

I started wondering why I'm so hung up on Sarah and not willing to move on, especially when there are all these cute girls out there offering kind words of support. Trish and Kim have lately been really lifting my spirits with their comments. It makes me think that if I can stumble upon really nice girls like that online so easily I should be able to find someone nice like that around here eventually. Just gotta keep hoping.

I'm not saying that I'm over Sarah. Not really. I think I still love her. I definitely don't want to end up obsessing over her the way the main character in "Captain Quad" obsesses over his lost girlfriend. Man, that was a scary thing. But I do have to face reality. And move on.

Oh, what the hell do I know? I'm so fucking tired I feel like I'm just babbling right now. I really should get to bed.

I can’t wait to talk to Mr. Robinson about the book, see if this Costello guy has written any more books, and if I can get my hands on them.



--2 Comments --
Trish said...
Wow, Peter. How flattering to have such kind words about me on your blog! I'm sure that Kim will be very honored as well. :)
I'm glad you enjoyed "Captain Quad". Perhaps I'll check it out as well.
I'm so happy that things are looking up for you! Have a great night! And you shouldn't be posting on your blog at nearly 3 AM. Get some sleep! ;)
Kim said...
yes Trish, I am honoured to see such kind words on Peter's blog.
and I'm so glad that you're moving on Peter. Breaking up is never easy, especially when it involved some heavy emotional circumstances for both of you. Everyone has their transitional periods where they wallow in the remnants of what was and what could have been, but reaching the point where you realize that being hung up on it isn't worth it, is a great spot to be...even if it comes at three in the morning...
so get some sleep...and keep smiling...it looks good on ya!