Sunday April 8, 2012 - 11:14 PM


School tomorrow, and I’m as excited to chat with Robbie about the latest Laymon novel that he loaned me on Friday and that I finished (this one was called “One Rainy Night” and was an incredible non-stop roller coaster ride of mayhem, action, and unadulterated bloodshed) as I was at the chance to talk with Monica.
It took me the whole weekend of dwelling on her to realize that I suddenly had an easy “in” with her for a conversation. All I needed to do was find out from Robbie what Costello books she had already read, and see if I’d read them as well. Or if she’d read one that I hadn’t and I’d read another, at least we could still compare notes.
It’d be a great conversation starter at least.
I feel like a kid in grade nine again, steeling up the courage to ask a girl to dance with me.
It’s this queasy, uneasy, yet enjoyable feeling.

-- 2 Comments --
MaliceAD said...
You should really take this one slow and always remember that she's one of Sarah's friends. Who knows what Sarah has told her about you?
Benny said... 
that's a good point malicead...girls talk...ALOT!!!