Friday February 10, 2012 - 11:23 PM


I walked by Sarah again today in the hall. Again, didn’t turn my head, didn’t let on how much I still loved her, how much I still missed her.

I was just playing it cool.

And pretty proud of myself, too.

I made it to the end of the hall before I turned to look back.

And saw her laughing with this Chad guy. He’s one of those good looking jock types, plays on the volleyball team, is a member of the cross-country running club and can often be found during spares or after school using the weight room. Most of the girls I know have always had a crush on Chad.

They’re both standing at her locker, she’s retrieving some books and he’s all hanging on her locker door and telling her some sort of amusing story.

The sound of her laughter coming down the hallway is both good to hear and yet slices into my heart like the cold steel of a blade.

Dammit, I was doing so good there for a while, too.

-- 2 Comments--
Frank said...
Fuck Peter. One step forward and two steps back. Don't you just hate that? I feel for you buddy
Trish said... 
Sarah may be avoiding you, but I'm sure she still loves you. Love doesn't just go away. She's upset, but I'm sure the feelings are still there. As for this Chad guy, he's probably someone just to take away the pain for a few minutes with his "amusing" story.