Saturday January 21, 2012


Just when I thought I was getting over this, that the guidance counselor’s therapy was working, it all fell apart.

The elated feeling I had yesterday seems to have slipped away. Because I fell back into the old pattern again after a day. I woke up this morning with an urge to talk to Sarah. It was like this burning itch I couldn’t control.

I just wanted to talk to her. That’s all.

Just talk to her.

Like an itch that you can’t reach, I kept trying to scratch it, but it was no use.

All morning I just kept calling, leaving voice messages on her cell and land line (she has her own phone line -- have I mentioned that already?) But she never calls back.

She never calls back.

Damn, that whole therapy thing was a temporary fix -- it helped me for a very short time. But now, now I’m right back where I started. Or maybe even worse off, because for a day or so there I actually started to feel better.

Damn.